After some years being far from politic, House of Cards brings me back to thinking in this way. House of Cards changes my mind, changes my idea about life and now i feel i grew up. Here are lessons that i get from it:
- There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong or useless pain, the sort of pain that is only suffering. Moments in suffering require someone who will act. Who will do the unpleasant thing, the necessary thing. after that, no more pain.
- Nearly everyone in this world makes a mistake, chose money over power. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that start falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. There is no respect for someone who doesn't see the differen.
- It is the principle: don't be a slave to anybody or anything.
- When arrive time for you to evolve, to accomplish this you have to make hard choices.
- Not an easy thing, to say no to more powerful man than you. But sometimes the only way to gain your superior's respect is to defy him